2.05.2010

My New Baby...

So, I started my guitar classes the end of January and I'm loving it so far! Originally I borrowed a guitar from a co-worker, but I couldn't seem to get her guitar to sound right. It was having a hard time tunning. It doesn't help that it hadn't been played in about 10 years. That can really do a guitar in. You have to keep playing it. Anyway, I wasn't going to learn anything on a guitar that couldn't tune, so I bought one of my own! Look at this beauty... It's a Fender. I was surprised I could afford a Fender guitar. Guitar Center had a value package deal where they give you the guitar, guitar bag, strap, picks, lessons DVD, and a tuner all for one low price. This package cost me $200 and was well worth it! I got everything I need to learn how to play. Perfect for beginners.

Right now we're learning a couple different songs. Hush Little Baby, Leavin' On A Jet Plane, and our latest assignment Rain by Jose and Hilda Feliciano. Rain is a really cool song and I can't wait until I am playing it better. It's really neat. I've had a lot of fun learning the guitar. I hope I can keep up the practicing. I really love it. I'm still working on developing calluses on my fingertips. They weren't kidding when they said it was necessary. Playing the guitar kills your fingers!

No comments: