5.14.2011

For time and all eternity...

I don't know if any of you heard, but about two weeks ago there was a royal wedding.
I love a good, historical, wedding so I recorded it and watched every minute.  Plus, there was so much hype over what Kate's dress would look like I just had to tune in and see!  I really love that they aired their actual wedding ceremony.  I couldn't help but pause for a moment and ponder when they got to the whole "For richer, or for poorer.  In sickness and in health, till death do you part."  I always get irked at that point.  I am so happy that our church marries us for time and all eternity.  I don't want to only be with Howie for this life, but the one after as well.

The speech that the Bishop of London gave was really cool.  He had a lot of neat things to say about marriage in our day.  My favorite line was:

"Marriage should transform as husband and wife make one another their work of art.  It is possible to transform so long as we don't harbor ambitions to re-form our partners.  There must be no coercion if the spirit is to flow.  Each must give the other space and freedom."

Howie and I went to his cousin's sealing today in the Bountiful Temple.  It was a beautiful sealing and I loved the bride's choice of wedding dress, colors, bouquet, etc.  It all came together very nicely.  When it got to the point of "for time and all eternity" I got teary-eyed.  It's such a wonderful blessing and I'm glad that we can attend family sealings and be reminded of what we got ourselves into almost three years ago.

No comments: