10.27.2011

Pennsylvania and New Joy-see

Howie got to come along with me on a business trip to Pennsylvania.  He actually served his mission in Pittsburgh so, PA was nothing too new for him.  But, he had never been to Philly before so, we made it a point to go there...twice.

We wanted to try one of the best Philly Cheesesteaks in town so, we ventured over to Pat's King of Steaks and Geno's Steaks to see what all the fuss was about.  These two places (which are right across the street from each other) have been on just about every food show known to man.  The original plan was to get one sandwich from each place and split them, but once we got there Howie only wanted to try Pat's so, we both got one from Pat's.  Howie got disgusting cheesewhiz on his.  Ew.  Too rich for me.

I'm a Philly Cheesesteak with provolone and dill pickle kind of girl.  Mine was delicious.



Philly Hard Rock Cafe!
So, I'm a reality TV junkie and I love the show on Style called Jerseylicious.  I know, I know.  The cast is a tad on the dramatic side.  But, it's entertaining to me.  The show takes place in a salon called the "Gatsby Salon" and it's in Green Brook, NJ.  Since we were headed that way I decided to look to see how far away it was.  It was only an hour!  So, I booked an appointment in hopes to meet some of the cast.  Much to my excitement, Monday October 24th just happened to be a cast day!  They didn't have the whole cast there, just two of the main characters.  But, I was so excited!
Here is me, Doria (from the show) and Denise (she cut my hair).  Both cast members were fully booked so, I couldn't get in with them (shucks).  But Denise was really sweet and I was able to ask her a lot of questions about the show.  I'm sure she gets it ALL the time.
And here I am with Tracy!  She was the number one person I wanted to meet.  I was so happy she worked that day.  She is one of the shows main characters.
It was so fun to meet them.

The last day we were in PA we drove back to Philly again.  We didn't get to see enough of the city the first time we went.  We managed to fit in a lot of stuff.  First we stopped off at the Liberty Bell.

Swung by Benjamin Franklin's resting place.
And raced up the "Rocky Steps".



After that we were headed home.  The trip was short, but sweet.

Oh, and check out that Philly skyline from the top of The Rocky Steps.  Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

I CAN'T WAIT to be able to throw my arms up in the air in this exact same spot. I've loved Rocky ever since I was a little girl! :)