5.07.2009

Moab!

Woah, it's been a while! We've been super busy. On May 2nd we went with a small group of friends to Moab. We had so much fun! We stayed in a KOA so it wasn't "roughin' it" camping. We had access to showers and toilets that flush. But, that's the only way I've ever stayed at Moab, so to me, it was normal Moab!One thing my parents never took us on as kids was the hike to Delicate Arch. I never knew why they didn't...until I did it! The hike was pretty strenuous for me because 1) i'm out of shape and 2) it's all uphill!! It also didn't help that the sun decided to come out halfway through the hike and didn't go away. None of us had sunscreen so we just burned like crazy. Here is us at the trail head. This is a shack that belonged to some guy. I forget his name. It's pretty impressive. Our group included (starting from the left) Carson and Cindy, Scott and Glena, and Howie and I.Here we are at the arch! It was a glorious sight to see! When my parents took us to Moab we always did the short overlook hike that only took about 10 minutes. This hike took us about an hour each way. All uphill! The downhill wasn't much easier. By the end of the hike, I had a blister on my right heel. Owie.While in Arches National Park, we also visited Windows. Shown here is the North and South Window. You can hike into the North one, but you can't easily get into the South.
And across the way from Windows was Turret Arch. This was a fun one to explore.
We also went river rafting, but those pictures are on my waterproof camera that I haven't developed yet. I'll have to post some of those at a later date. All in all, we had a blast. I LOVE Moab.
Since we were down that way anyway, we decided to visit the Monticello Temple. This is, by far, the smallest temple I've ever seen! It's teeny! But it was beautiful and we did a wonderful session.

Here I am! Howie forgot his temple clothes and recommend. :( So, he had to wait in the car while Carson, Cindy and I did a session.Another temple down! I'm looking forward to next month. Howie and I are going to Yellowstone for our 1 year anniversary and I'm hoping we can stop in the Logan Temple on that trip.

That's all! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

FUN! I've never been inside the Monticello temple before but I have driven past it & it definitely looked teeny just from the highway! I can't believe that I've been a Utahn all my life & I've never been to Moab. I'll have to fix that soon. . . .