10.10.2009

Catching Fire

Love, love, loved this book! I've been done reading it for a little while now, but have just decided to blog about it. This was the second book of The Hunger Games series. I cannot wait until the third and final book comes out! Suzanne Collins is the type of author that likes to leave you hanging on a cliff at the end of each chapter and each book. This book was no different. I have no idea when the third is due out, but I can't wait! Even Howie has gotten into this series. I read the last part of this one by myself though so he doesn't know how it ends. I told him he'd have to read it himself, but maybe i'll just summarize it for him. Again, if you're looking for a good read and you like book series, definitely pick this one up. I can totally see them making a movie out of this series someday. I just hope it isn't too graphic. Hopefully, if they do decide to do a movie, they will tone it down. This series can get a little violent. Anyway, the characters definitely make it worth the read. Suzanne Collins is an excellent author.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah I can't picture it being a movie that wouldnt be too gorey to watch but I agree it was a great book! I am glad you mentioned the Hunger Games a while back. That's what first caught my interest in the story, even if it took me almost a year to pick up!

Tyler and Julia said...

You beat me! Hahahaha. Tyler & I can't make up our minds if we should read this book together or on our own, but in the mean time I've been reading it while he's at work because I don't think I'll be able to stand the wait! :) I'll also be very surprised if they don't make a toned-down movie version of these books.