7.25.2010

Cabin Fun!

This weekend was so much fun!  I only wish Howie could've joined us.  He had to work on Saturday night.  Boooo.
My Aunt and Uncle have had a cabin just outside of Heber, Utah for over a year now, but this was the first time I've had a chance to go up and check it out.
Here is their property:
They have 4-wheelers, a trampoline, a fire pit, 9 acres of land, and a cute cozy house.  They call it "Black Bear Cove" because my Aunt has a thing for bears.  She has it decorated with cute bears everywhere.
They even get wildlife in their front yard from time to time.
My sister, Miranda, my Dad, and I hanging out on the porch.
Me and Mercedes.
Check out their view!
Not bad at all.
The first thing we did when we got up there was take the 4-wheelers out for a spin.
Mercedes insisted on riding with me.  I didn't mind.  She's so funny.  She was so hesitant to get on it at first and she had a blast.  She kept saying "Faster Aunt Tara, faster!"

I must admit, I felt pretty hardcore going through the water.
Don't be jealous of the farmer tan.
You can only obtain it from being naturally white like me.
My Mom and sister Miranda rode together.
And, yes folks, my GRANDMA got on the back of a 4-wheeler.
She rode with my Dad.
In the end it was probably not a good idea to take her.  She bruises really easy and that ATV was throwing her all over the place.  She also got really sunburned.  Her hair was covered in dirt.  I felt so bad for her!  But, I think she enjoyed the ride and the views we got to see were amazing.

Speaking of views:


Ah, to see the world from the seat of a 4-wheeler.
I loved it.

After our afternoon ride, we went back to the cabin and cleaned up a bit.  We ate yummy hamburgers and potato salad for dinner.  Then my Uncle Kevin and I went out for another ride.  We just hadn't had enough!  He took me to an area that is probably meant for more seasoned riders.  There were some steep hills we climbed up, but it was a rush.  I really enjoyed myself.  My philosophy for 4-wheelers became to be
"Just punch the gas and hang on."
It seemed to work pretty well.
We were fortunate enough to have a full moon on Saturday night.
Beautiful!
Temperatures were perfect for making s'mores:
We had such a fun weekend.  Can't wait to do it again!
Thanks Patty and Kevin!

No comments: