12.25.2011

Merry Christmas

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house last night.  I brought a Green Bean Casserole and Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes.  Yumm!
We had a wonderful evening watching the kids do the Nativity Story, playing a game that strained our brain to remember lyrics to old Christmas Carols and watching It's A Wonderful Life.


Howie and I had to still pick-up pies for today to take to his Dad's house so, we stopped by Village Inn on the way home because they were open until midnight.  We decided, since we were there, we might as well stop in for a cup of hot chocolate.  So, we did.  To be honest, there was something strangely romantic about it.  It was sweet.
We woke early this morning to attend church at our branch.  Even though it was early, and Christmas Day, we had a really nice turn out which surprised me.  I thought everyone would be out and about with their families.  A couple from one of our nearby wards came in and sang and played the flute for us.  It was wonderful.  Our branch members really enjoyed it.


After church we went back to my parents house for presents and an awesome breakfast/lunch.  My family made the most amazing sausage I have ever tasted.  It was brown sugar and honey sausage.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  SO good.  We always open our presents that we got each other at my parents.  The biggest present we got ourselves was a little thing called an iPad 2.
Yup, totally stoked about that one!  We spent way too much on ourselves this year but, when you're a couple of D.I.N.K.'s that's what you do.  Some other things Howie got me: Brown boots, socks, my pearl from Hawaii mounted on a ring, new PJ's, car iPhone charger, and a U of U hoodie (Go Utes!).


Things I got him: Two new belts, Old Spice gift set, 32GB flash drive for his Xbox 360, new outfit, new PJ's, and the movie Thor.


After presents we headed to Howie's Dad's house for dinner and more present opening.  It was a great night and I love being able to sit around after dinner and talking with everyone.  We really enjoyed our Christmas and I hope all of you did, too!


Here is this years Christmas card wall (door).  I'm hoping the sending of Christmas cards never dies because I love to get them.  We've sent one out every year.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

Merry Christmas (yes, way too late!) Howie & Tara! I feel the exact same way about Christmas cards. You'll always get them from us, because I design my own & it's SO much fun for me. I'm SO SO jealous of your ipad! One day we'll get one. Hope you've had fun with it. :)