12.13.2009

A Kurt Bestor Christmas

Yesterday afternoon Howie and I attended A Kurt Bestor Christmas Concert at Abravanel Hall. Kurt Bestor is a well known Utah-based composer and performer. He is very talented. We enjoyed his show very much! I ended up buying a CD of his. It's The Best of A Kurt Bestor Christmas. They gave me an additional free CD just for buying one, so...score!Here is Abravanel Hall before the concert started. (I only had my iPhone on hand)Here it is during the concert. You can see Kurt there on the massive TV screens. Very cool concert. Kurt usually has a guest artist for each of his shows. His guest artist for this show was a guy named Jonathan Butler. His voice was amazing. He sang a version of O Holy Night that nearly brought me to tears! He received a standing ovation from the crowd! He's from South Africa and has been performing since he was very young. Here he is:If you want to hear his amazing voice, you'll have to visit www.jonathanbutler.com . I tried to find a YouTube clip to share, but I can't seem to embed them on my blog. :( Anyway, we enjoyed the concert and hopefully I can talk Howie into going again next year!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

You're sooooo lucky! I've heard Kurt Bestor is AMAZING!! I remember babysitting for a couple back when I was 13 who went to see him when he first came to Salt Lake, if I remember correctly. I get teary-eyed nearly every time I hear him sing "Prayer of the Children".