4.21.2010

City of Bones - By Cassandra Clare

I just finished this book on Sunday.  It took me a little while only becuase I just couldn't seem to find the time.  Plus, the chapters are really long which meant that any time I sat down to read it I had to devote a lot of time to it.  That's why I hate it when authors put super long chapters in.  If they are short and to the point I can sit down and read without worrying how much time it's taking up.  Weird, I know.

This book was a great start to the series.  I've heard that the first is the worst of the three.  The next two are supposed to be much better!  But I was happy with the first book.

Let me give you a little bit of the scoop.  Clary Fray, the main character, is a girl that comes to find out that she is a part of a world that she never knew existed.  When her Mother goes missing, she tries to put the puzzle pieces together as to why she has been taken.  She is led on a wild goose chase through a world of Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, and Shadowhunters.  She meets a Shadowhunter named Jace Wayland and he eventually helps her on her new quest to find her Mother.  But, her Mother isn't who she's always thought she was and this new world is more than meets the eye!

Fun read.  I hope you guys will pick up this series!

2 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Hmmmmm; I'm still debating about whether or not I want to read the other two. I got to around pg. 250 when I just lost interest in it. I had a hard time sticking with this book, and I didn't care one bit about Clary or Jace. The only character I really liked was Simon. There's my 2 cents-worth. ;)

taraandhowie said...

Haha, really? I like Clary. She's ok. I really like Jace. I like his cocky attitude. I guess I picture him more of a sarcastic type of character and I love sarcasim. :) I would recommend the next book and I'm only two chapters into it! It's already moving faster than the first book.