6.22.2011

La Bonne Vie

Yesterday Howie and I visited a cute little sweets shop in The Grand America called La Bonne Vie.  I've wanted to go ever since I heard them advertising it on the radio.





How cute is this store?!?


We enjoyed some hazlenut gelato...


And saw probably the biggest chocolate covered strawberries I've ever seen.

My main reason for going was to try their macarons.  They are a French delicacy and yet we did not try them in France.  Shame on us.

We went home with a strawberry one and a vanilla one.
I wanted to like them, I really did.  But I did not.  I'm blaming it on the fact that they were made here and not in France.  Maybe one day, when we return to Paris, we can try an authentic macaron and fall in love.

Until then we are left with the fake ones.

1 comment:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I heard about that little shop too, it looks adorable! Definitely some place we'll have to check out when we get back!