1.13.2009

In Need of a Makeover

The more I watch HGTV the more I want to bust out the paint brushes and completely makeover our condo. I have so many ideas of what we can do. Neither of us has ever really fixed up a place before. I mean, I helped my Dad out with finishing his basement, but it was little jobs. ("hold this", "hand me that".) The kinds of things I would like to do are painting, tiling, putting up shelves, etc. Nothing too crazy. Our condo is basically a clean slate right now. Our walls are a plain off-white. We have nice crown moldings that could use some paint to make them pop. It's a brand new condo but it's just really plain. I'm not used to such a lack of color. I've even considered writing to some of the shows and begging them to come out and give our place a facelift! Anyway, 2009 will, hopefully, be our year of change for our home. Come Spring time I will want to start getting things ready for a makeover.

2 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Hey, 2009 will be the year that we'll have a goal relating to homes to, only our goal is to buy one! LOL. Enjoy your condo; after all, it will always be special to you because it's the very first home that you & Howie will ever have. :)

Lisa said...

Once we finally had a house we left it plain lol. i love looking at all the fancy paint jobs and stuff but when it comes down to it we like plain walls. we always wanted to for a tile backsplash in our kitchen though, just never got around to it. You'll have to post lots of before and after photos as you go so i can live vicariously through you lol.