2.15.2009

Valentine's Day

I just LOVE Valentine's Day! I love having a day where couples can express to each other how much they mean to them. Of course, you should be doing this on a daily basis, but I love having an official holiday dedicated to celebrating it. It gives us an excuse to do fun, expensive stuff. :) Howie started out by buying me a dozen roses. I have always loved roses. They are just so classic. Nothing beats a beautiful dozen of roses. I put them in two vases because I love to enjoy them in multiple rooms.Howie offered to buy me this beautiful pink vase when my eyes lit up when I saw it at the grocery store. Isn't it cool? I just fell in love with it. I'll be able to use it every February now! I keep this one in my room so I can wake up to it every morning.Here are my other 6 roses. I kept these in the dinning room.Here is the super yummy breakfast Howie put together! We had PERFECTLY cooked cinnamon rolls, fruit, and juice. It was such a good way to start off our fun day!After breakfast we got ready to go and get our professional massages! This was entirely Howie's idea and I couldn't have been more thrilled! I LOVE getting massages. We went to a place called Massage Envy in Sugarhouse and they were amazing. I want to go back for one every month now! My surprise to Howie was to make a yummy fondue dessert. He was so excited about it that we ended up doing that BEFORE dinner! I got the cutest fondue set for our wedding and I couldn't wait to use it. It has a cute bowl shaped like a big apple for the chocolate, one shaped like an apple for apples, banana for bananas and one for strawberries. I just think that set is the cutest thing. Here is Howie dipping into his chocolatey goodness!I melted down a few creamy milk chocolate Symphony bars for it. It was the PERFECT flavor of chocolate.After dessert, we watched the second installment of The Work and the Glory. I have seen it before but it had been a while. It was good to see it again. I have yet to see the third but maybe sometime this week we'll finish it up. When the movie was done it was time to start the preparations for dinner! Howie is a soup making master. He makes this cheesy potato, vegetable soup that is to die for. He promised to make it for Valentine's Day so here he is!
A master at work!Our cat has had a bit of a cold lately so I found it quite funny when I came into the front room to find him like this. Poor kitty. He's so cute.This was such a fun Valentine's Day. I did not want it to end. I hope to have many more just like this!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

Aw, how romantic (sigh). That chocolate fondue looked SOOOOO yummy! :)