3.26.2009

So Thankful

I just wanted to express how thankful I am for all of the marvelous blessings I have in my life. I have a wonderful family that love and support me and I just married into another family that does the same. My heart is so full right now. Our new ward is wonderful. They make us feel so welcome. I am meeting new people each and every Sunday that I attend church and they are so nice. I am so glad that our ward is full of newlyweds just like us because we're all about at the same point in our lives.

My husband is amazing. He loves me for who I am. He is my rock. My past doesn't matter to him. He's all about making a future for us. I know that we will continue to learn about each other and I think that's a marvelous thing. He can really surprise me sometimes. He's making plans so that it will be possible for me to be a stay-at-home-mom someday. I've always wanted that when the time comes and I hope to be able to make it a reality. I believe the womans place is in the home and it is our responsibility as a wife and a mother to be there for the family. I know that is how it was meant to be. It's hard to have that in todays society but if we work hard and continue to pay our tithing, I know it will work out. We'll just have to make sacrifices.

I am thankful that I have a job at a time when thousands of people are losing theirs. I have worked at the same company for almost 5 years and it's so nice to have a bit of job security. It's a small company and I don't think they could keep on their feet with any less people, so I feel pretty safe.

Anyway, I just got a burst of thankfulness in my heart tonight and I wanted to share some of it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Being able to be a SAHM is an awesome thing. That's awesome that he's making the plans now for you to stay home. It is a sacrifice but you just miss out on "things" and being there for each moment with you little ones makes that easier to give up :).

Tyler and Julia said...

What a touching post! This was so great for me to read. I too am so very thankful for my wonderful husband who has made it possible for me to stay home with our kids. I know that my being home with them will always make a huge difference in their lives, no matter how old they get. It's so true that both my husband & I have had to make many, many sacrifices on behaf of our family, and there are many things that I especially have had to go without, but I would never change a thing. We are truly blessed, aren't we? :)