6.02.2009

Loss of A Loved One


On May 31st, 2009 my Aunt Janette passed away. She was a mere 56 years old. On Thursday I have the priviledge of paying my last respects to a great woman. She raised nine children, one of them was down syndrome. She had a great love for her friends and family. This is the second Aunt I've lost within the last six months. The first was just last December, my Aunt Lynn. Both are from my Mother's side. My Mom came from a family of nine kids, her being the seventh. My Mom's older sisters were more like Mother's to her. They have always been a very close family so to have two pass in such a short time is really a shock.

Death has a way of putting things into perspective. There are many questions that have gone through my mind the past few days. I tend to think of it most while I'm driving home from work. That's my "thinking time". Am I being the person I've always wanted to be? Am I being the person I SHOULD be? Have I kept the focus on what's really important? Are my goals that I'm making today going to get me to the celestial dwelling above that I so desire? Am I making my Father in Heaven proud? Do the people around me know how much they mean to me? If my life is limited to a mere 50 years, will that sit alright with me? Will I feel accomplished enought to be ok with that?

I believe that every person in my life is in it for a reason. I love and appreciate them all. My heart goes out to all of my cousins in this difficult time. I can only imagine what it feels like to lose someone so close. Janette was a sweet spirit on this Earth and will be greatly missed. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Oh, that brings tears to my eyes! I think we should all ask ourselves those very same questions every day; especially if we're making our Father in Heaven proud or not. I sure hope that I do every day. You're so sweet Tara!

taraandhowie said...

Thanks Julia! It was a great service. It makes you feel a lot better when they are finally laid to rest. :)