4.01.2015

A Lemon Cake

I got home last night from my class from Hell and found out that my new Visiting Teacher had stopped by to introduce herself.

She left a note and a lemon cake.

The note read:

"Hi, I'm your VERY negligent visiting teacher. I've been bad. I can't make my past go away, but going forward I'm going to try to be there for you with visits, and always a ready, listening heart and ear. Please forgive me and accept my peace offering of a small lemon cake. Phone me any time."

Her timing was impeccable. This gesture meant so much to me and her note (even though she may not have meant for it to) made me cry. Visiting teaching is a wonderful thing. It forces each of us out of our comfort zone, which in turn makes the recipient of that service feel that much more special that you made the effort.

I love this work.

No comments: