9.26.2009

New Hobby

The girls in my family have taken up a fun new hobby. Makin' jewelry! I usually shun expensive hobbies because...well...they're expensive. Plus, when I'm presented with too many options I get overwhelmed. That's why I'm not a scrapbooker. Way too many options. But, we've had a lot of fun with this hobby and in the long run it's saving me money on jewelry. Plus, I get to design it how I want it! Here are some things I've made...This set is my absolute favorite so far! I love it. I can't wait until I make a necklace to go with it.This is my "Hope, Joy, and Love" bracelet and earrings set.My "Hope" earrings.Jewelry making is one of those hobbies where you can get overwhelmed with options, too. But I'm trying to not let it get to me. We went to the Gem Faire today to get some inspiration. They had so many beads for cheap! We got some awesome deals! While we were there, we also stopped in on the "What A Woman Wants" show. Cheryl had free tickets. The highlight of the event was that we got to have our picture taken in a funny photo booth. Here is my sister-in-law Cheryl, my niece Chauntay, and I. I LOVED these big brown glasses. Don't you think they look good on me?
Hahaha, oh we have too much fun. My favorite picture is the second one down. We looked at a lot of jewelry they had for sale there and all I could think was "I could make that!". I can't believe how much they mark up jewelry. Crazy!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

What pretty jewelry! You've got some real talent with jewelry-making. When can I email you my order? :)