9.10.2009

Potato Soup

Last night I made up a yummy soup. I'm not sure why I felt like soup on a warm day, but it was good nonetheless. I just get excited to try new recipes! I rounded out my meal with a nice tall, cold glass of milk and a yummy roll.Sometimes I cringe when I have to go to the store for a new recipe because I'm afraid at how much all of the ingredients will cost. And some of the ingredients will only be used this once! However, I only spent $11 on everything I needed for this soup, which is a plus. Sure beats what we would've spent eating out! Plus, I have leftovers! Howie hasn't had a chance to try this yet because he was asleep when I got home last night. So, unfortunately, I can't give you a guy's opinion or his star rating. If you want to give this soup a try, here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Allanas-Excellent-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx . Based on other people's suggestions, I left out the salt that's in the recipe. That was a mistake. I ended up adding some salt and pepper to taste. It's necessary! When you're working with that many potatoes, it's necessary. So, maybe don't add as much salt as it calls for, but definitely add some.

Update on things: My Dad had surgery on Tuesday for his back. He's had back problems for quite some time now and it's started to affect his legs. A pinched nerve was affecting the blood flow to his legs. Anyway, the doctor's were very confident that they found what the problem was and were able to fix it. I talked to him last night and he said his leg already feels a lot better! That made me so happy because it's been hurting him for so long now. He had a surgery to try to correct it once before, but that doctor didn't know anything, apparently. I'm so glad that he got the help that he needed.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

look at you! your turning into a gourmet chef lol. i love allrecipes.com!