9.25.2009

Sweet & Sour Glazed Chicken

I was so excited to make this dish! It was SO easy to mix up and I added some of my own touches to it. There are a couple things I did that I will not do with it next time though. The recipe calls for an entire chicken cut up into pieces. Well, I wasn't about to go out and buy an entire chicken and cut the thing up myself. Some people suggested chicken breasts, but then I read one review from a lady that has cooked it for years and recommended you use chicken thighs because breasts are too dry. I shouldn't have taken her advice...I don't know if you've ever cooked with chicken thighs, but they aren't very meaty AND it's a pain to have to eat around the bones. This type of chicken just didn't do well with this dish. I will definitely take my chances with chicken breasts next time. Here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-And-Sour-Glazed-Chicken/Detail.aspx I added a chopped up green pepper and a small can of pineapple. Sweet and sour just isn't the same without it! We also had a delicious green salad with it. Overall, it turned out good, but next time it will be even better!

No comments: