5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I love my Mom. She does so much for our family. She is the glue that hold us all together. I don't know where I would be without her. I'm so glad that we have an official day that we can let her know how much we appreciate her. Of course, this should be EVERY day. But, it's fun to also have a day that everyone is aware of and celebrates. Tonight Howie and I will be going to my parents house and enjoy a wonderfully cooked meal. I'm hoping my Dad is taking most of the responsibility because I would hate for my Mom to have to work for us all day. We're all bringing something to contribute, but they are doing the most of it. My Mom asked for flowers to plant in her garden so that's what I'm going to give her. She loves all different kinds of flowers, so I hope she likes the ones I picked out for her. I have many memories of when I was young, but there are only a few I have pictures of that include my Mom. I decided to share a couple. My family has always loved to camp and we did it often when we were younger. Here is my sister, Sheena, brother, Jason, and little me. My Mom looks so young!This is probably my favorite picture of my Mom and I. It's one I have cherished.
My Mom has always tried to get us to be more creative and artistic. Growing up in a family with 9 kids she was pretty much forced to learn about stuff like that. Her parents were really into making things. We used to love to paint ceramics. Here is me painting one.
My Mom never gave up on helping me to learn to cook, too. She knew these were skills I would HAVE to have someday. Unfortunately, I never really picked up on the desire to cook until I really had to. Now I cook based on things I used to watch my Mom do. I'll give her a call every once in a while to help me out, too. My Dad has been a good support that way, too.Even though we drove my parents nuts at times, they still love us. I hope to do the same when I have kids! My Mom always made sure we never went without. I absolutely adore her for that.
So, Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: