12.25.2009

Merry Christmas!

Today was an awesome Christmas and I'm so glad to have spent it with friends and family. We spent the night at my parents house last night. Christmas doesn't seem to be the same if you aren't able to wake up and see the excitement on childrens faces. I guess that's why I can't let go of the tradition of sleeping over at my parents house. I just don't think we can get that same feeling by waking up alone in our condo. We took our queen size air matress and put it in my parents spare bedroom. We spent most of Christmas Eve eating a delicious honey-baked ham and watching The Nativity Story. It's one of my favorite Christmas movies. We woke early this morning to the sounds of children running up and down the hallways talking about their new toys. My nephews got a few Nerf guns so, we had to keep running from them to keep from getting shot at! Crazy kids.

Howie got me a few gifts including a gift card to Massage Envy. I am thrilled about that because I absolutely love to get professional massages! I can't wait to use it! I got more gifts from friends and family. I'm so spoiled!

I got Howie a highly anticipated case for his iPhone that increases the life of his battery. He's been wanting one for quite some time. He's hard to shop for because he's one of those guys that is content with what he has. I also got him a passport cover because we recently got him a passport (his first ever!).

Anyway, we ate a ton of good food over the past two days and I don't think my tummy will ever be hungry again! I'm so thankful for my family and for holidays like Christmas that bring us closer together. I'm thankful that my Grandma was able to recover from her blood-clot episode and be here for Christmas. She'd been in a care center for the last 20 days so, it was really nice to have her back. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas's!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

Merry Christmas Tara & Howie! I wanted to get our little guy a Nerf gun this year but "Santa" wouldn't allow it because he claimed he was still too young for one. :) Oh well; next year for sure, even if we do get shot at over & over again! Enjoy your professional massage! That's something I've never experienced before.