1.02.2010

Graceling - by Kristin Cashore

I had Howie buy me this book for Christmas and I finished all 471 pages of it in four days! This book was really good and reminded me a bit of The Hunger Games. Mostly because it's another book that centers on a strong, independent girl that is very strong willed. Her name is Katsa and she is a Graceling. A Graceling is a person with two different colored eyes and they each have their own "Grace". Some can have a mind reading grace, a running fast grace, etc. It just depends on what you're graced with. Katsa happens to be graced with a strong ability to survive. Her grace comes in handy when she takes on the task of rescuing a young Princess that is being hunted by her evil father, Leck, the Kind of Monsea. I simply couldn't put this one down. Ever read a book that is so descriptive that it almost feels like you've been watching a really cool, action packed movie? I love it when a book makes me feel that way. This is definitely one of those books! I just started on Kristin Cashore's second book entitled Fire. So far, so good. I'll let you know what I think of that one when I'm all finished.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

funny i decided to see if my library had this and got all excited that they had 8 available copies so i put a hold. then i noticed it said Spanish. why we would have 8 copies in Spanish I have no idea. It's not like there are a ton of Spanish speaking people where we live.

So once I found the english copy i ended up being hold number two, I am number 11 for Fire.

You always suggest such great books though, thanks!

Tyler and Julia said...

I love reading all of your book reviews. I'm DEFINITELY going to put this on my to-read list because you always give the best recommendations on what to read. Keep 'em comin' Tara! :)

taraandhowie said...

Awh, we have our own little book club going on!

Tyler and Julia said...

Consider me one of the official members! :)