1.23.2010

I Love My Dad

My car is getting to an age where things are starting to...oh, I don't know...die. It's a 2003 so, I guess it has a right to be wanting repairs. My cars recent episode has been with my anti-lock break system. One of my ABS sensors has started to slowly go out so the dealership told me I had to get a new one. The sensor, alone, cost me $110. The Mazda dealership quoted me $400 for parts and labor to have the new one put on. $400!! No thank you Mazda.

So, I ordered the part from them (only because it was a dealer-only part) and called my Dad to see if this was something he could handle. Since my Dad has been a mechanic for over 30 years I figured it probably was. I was right. My Dad was more than willing to save me the extra $290 by putting it on for me FOR FREE. I don't know what I would do without my Dad. He is so nice to sacrifice his time for me on a Saturday and fix my failing car. Love you Dad.

No comments: