4.27.2010

10 More Days! (not counting today!)

See you soon Big Ben and Eiffel Tower...
I feel like this trip is sneaking up on me.  Yes, this trip we've been planning for months now is actually sneaking up on me!  You think you have all the time in the world to prepare until it's a mere couple of weeks away.  I still need to find a travel size hairblower and a voltage converter.  I'm so worried about not having my day-to-day conveniences available to me.  Last time I vistited the U.K. I blew up my hairblower the FIRST time I tried to use it.  (In my defense, I had received some mis-information.)  Anyway, I then had to play dumb when we went to tell the concierge that "for some reason, our outlet isn't working".  I'm sure they figured out why when they went to empty the garbages and found a fried hairblower in one of them.  Hehehe.  Good times.

Now that all this volcano business has blown over (hopefully for good) I really am not stressing about anything.  Howie says he's nervous because it's his first REAL trip out of the country.  It's actually our first trip that we'll be flying together, too.  Every vacation we've taken so far we've driven!  Howie went to Nicaragua with the military, but that doesn't count.  He didn't even need a passport for that!  Plus, it's not like it was fun.  So, he's a little nervous.  But I told him he has nothing to worry about.  We're going to have a blast and we're going to get to see SO much!  I'm pretty excited about renting a car.  We will get to see a lot of the country side that I didn't get to see the last time I went.  I wish I could go through all the things we plan to do and see but that would take forever.  Plus, I'd rather discuss it with pictures of us actually doing it!

Hopefully we'll get some awesome pics!

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

WOW! What a fabulous opportunity for you guys! My most favorite vacation that I ever went on was when my Mom, sister & I went on a 21-day tour of Europe back in 2000 (I can't believe it was 10 years ago!). I was so bummed though; while we were inside Notre Dame cathedral, someone stole my role of film out of my jacket pocket. It had most of my pics of Paris on it, and all of my pics of London. I sure hope this doesn't happen to you guys. I can't wait to see the pictures you'll take on this trip!