6.21.2009

Howie's Army Party - 6/20/09

I organized a surprise party for Howie to celebrate him finishing his 8 year contract with the United States National Guard. It couldn't have gone any better! We had such a blast with close family and friends. I'm so glad I decided to do this for him. He really enjoyed it and we had an awesome turn out. I rented a game room at Noah's in South Jordan. Here's what the room looked like.
It had a pool table, ping pong table, a huge projector screen for watching movies or playing video games, shuffle board, and an arcade game shown below. Don't let the single arcade game fool you. It had over 100 games on it to play! My contribution to the food was a 6' sub from Blimpie. Howie loves Blimpie so it was only appropriate that I get him a monsterously huge sandwich from there, right? Yes, it was as tall as a person. It was yummy though! We got the Blimpie Best.
Best part about it was that Blimpie already had it nicely sliced and ready for us to serve. That saved a lot of heartache for me because I thought I was going to have to do it all. I was so happy to open it up and have it ready to go. Thanks Blimpie!I made a banner for Howie.
This picture is a little dark, but at the back of the room was my family's contribution to the food. We had a fruit tray, chicken noodle soup(which really came in handy due to the inclement weather), rolls, 7-layer bean dip(huge hit!), chips and dip, cookies, potato salad, and green salad. We had SO much food! It was perfect.
Here is Howie with his immediate family. His Dad, Barbara(his step-mom) and Sharon his step-grandma. We're so glad they could come and celebrate with us. I wish we got the memo that it was Hawaiian shirt day!
Now let the games begin! Here's my Uncle Kevin and Howie battling it out on the ping pong table.
I thought, for sure, Howie would spend most of his time playing video games. That's why I told my brother to bring every game console he had! But, really, Howie was most interested in pool and just hanging out and talking to people. I actually, believe it or not, played more video games than he did. Here's me rocking out to Rockband.I even provided the drums for one of the songs. I failed us on the first song because it was too freakin' hard! Then we did a slower song and I did ok. It's harder than it looks!
My Aunt Patty and my cousin Brandy singing No Doubt. They are so awesome!
We even got my Grandma in on some Wii Bowling action. Yes, that is my Grandma playing Bowling on the Wii. It was funny to watch her because she couldn't quite grasp the controler right and every time she went to take a turn, her character would drop the ball backwards. Haha! She still had fun though. She actually beat me on the second game we played.Overall, Howie had a really great time! He kept thanking me through-out the night and telling me how much fun he was having. I'm so glad I did this for him. I'm glad he enjoyed it. I'm the bestest wife ever. ;) I'm so thankful to everyone that contributed and came. It was a blast!

No comments: