6.06.2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Today I got the wonderful opportunity to attend the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My ward decided to do this as their summer primary activity, so we got to go. I went with my best friend, Genelle, and her baby, Jake. Howie had a late night last night and was too exhausted to go. He'll get to see it some day. This Temple is beautiful! (as they all are) But we really enjoyed this one. The celestial room and bride room were my favorites. Those usually are in every Temple. We had a great experience, but I will say this DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING UNLESS YOU HAVE A RESERVATION AND YOU HAVE PRINTED OUT THE PAPER TO PROVE IT. I arrived late to our ward building this morning and did not get the paper to prove I had a reservation. I thought "no biggie". It's not like they're going to turn us away. Boy, was I wrong. We were sent down the street to the nearest stake center where they had people waiting to help you with a reservation. I had to explain our story several times before we were finally allowed to attend the open house. They are a lot more strict on this one than they were with the Draper Temple. They said it's because of the way they did the Draper Temple, some people were waiting 4 to 6 hours just to see it! Crazy. So, don't even think about showing up unless you have that golden piece of paper.

No comments: