6.10.2009

Wasatch Woman Love Your Body 5K/10K 2009


I heard about this event from something I got in the mail. It's funny because I don't usually do things like this, but as soon as I saw this ad I thought "I'm going to register for that." And today, I did! Running a marathon is on my bucketlist. This isn't a marathon, but hey, it's the closest thing I'll have done to one by the time it's over.

I've called a few people to ask if they would want to do it, too. I would hate to do something like this alone. I'm most excited about the Diva Night the night before! Here's more info.

Brief Description: The Love Your Body race was created by Wasatch Woman magazine for women who care about their health, fitness, community, friends, families and especially about themselves. By treating yourself well, you are able to achieve your personal best and be an inspiration to others. Be part of the largest women’s only run. After your run, join us at the Love Your Body EXPO and post-race party. Runners & walkers are welcome! Women only.

Full Description: Last year we sold out and, unfortunately, had to turn away about 200 women because they waited too long to register. We expected 400 participants, but we ended up with over 600 runners and walkers. This year, we expect the turnout to be even bigger. Because of that, we’re going to hold the event at Sugar House Park and encourage women to sign up early. We hope you’ll find whatever reason you need to decide to do something good for your body and join us this year.

Diva Night: Join us on Friday night, August 21 for Diva Night. You’ll want to come for great food, inspiring speakers, lots of great prizes — a night out with the girls to get ready for the next day’s race. You will get your t-shirt, bib # and race packet at Diva Night, too. Watch for more details on Diva Night to plan your weekend.

You can go here for more info: www.wasatchwoman.com

The cost is $20 for the 5K run or walk and $30 for the 10K run. I don't think they offer a 10K walk.

This should be fun. It will be nice to accomplish something that I've never done or even attempted before. Looks like I'll have to start building up my endurance!

No comments: