8.17.2010

Going Walking

To train for my upcoming 6k I've been going walking in my neighborhood.
I had no idea how much of an adventure walking my neighborhood would be.
I have had:


  • People say "Hello" as I walk by.
  • People say "Good evening" as I walk by.
  • People honk at me as I walk by.
  • A dog try to bite my ankles as I walk by. (which then provoked me to run, backwards, while shaking my finger at it telling it to "Stop!")
  • An old woman pushing a shopping cart up the street say to me "Don't mind me pushing this shopping cart.  I'm just doing my good deed for the day and returning it back to the store."
  • A hispanic man yell at me "Hola!" to get me to move to the side so he could fly past me on his bike.
  • Had to jump off of the sidewalk to avoid a huge semi-truck coming through to PARK on the sidewalk.  Then later, a rather large man that was driving said semi-truck was walking behind a fence with shrubbery all over it decided to come out and practically scare me to death to APOLOGIZE for being the one driving the huge semi-truck that almost ran me over...ON THE SIDEWALK...you know?...that place where people WALK.  Not park.

One would think that I would take my activity to the gym after going through some of this, but I almost feel like I'll miss out on another adventure if I just go to a stuffy gym.

Plus, I've decided that I really, really enjoy going for walks outside.  It is so much better than a stupid treadmill in a gym where i'm subjected to every meat-head in America flexing in front of the mirrors and having weight lifting competitions.
No thanks.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You make me laugh! I never looked at going for a walk to be so entertaining!