8.18.2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I really enjoyed this book.  I wasn't as wowed with it as some people say they have been, but it was enjoyable.  Plus, it was a really super easy read.  Only 274 pages long and it consists entirely of letters and telegrams back and forth between multiple characters.

The book is based during the 1940's and focuses on the German occupation of the island of Guernsey.  Guernsey is a little island just north of France.

I must say, reading this book has made me want to visit Guernsey.  And I have yet to even see a picture of what it looks like.  Just the history alone makes me want to go there.

If you're up for a good, easy read you should pick this one up.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I could not get into this one at all. I am starting to think there is something wrong with me. I think I've asked you before, but have you read the help yet? 5 more days until Mockingjay is released! WOOT!