8.09.2009

Fun Weekend

This weekend was so much fun and I didn't take a single picture the entire time! I took my camera every where we went but do you think I ever stopped to think "I should take a picture of this"? Nope. Not once. But it was fun none-the-less.

On Thursday, I went with my best friend, Genelle, and played Bingo In The Park. Midvale was celebrating their township so they were giving away all sorts of prizes during a friendly game of Bingo. When we did this last year (or the year before?) we didn't win anything! We thought it was so lame. This year, not so lame! Not only did I win at Bingo, but I won the raffle drawing, too! I'm such a lucky duck! The raffle winnings weren't great. It was just a grab-bag from Zions Bank. It had golf balls, golf tees, a towel, mints, and chapstick in it. But my Bingo winnings were much more interesting! I won a $25 gift certificate to Joe Morley's BBQ, a free frosty from Wendy's, a free shake from Arctic Circle, free bagel and shmear from Einstein's Bagels, $10 in cash, and a FREE snowboard or ski rental from Ski 'N See! I won big! Genelle and her Mom didn't win anything. I felt so lucky!

On Friday it was Sara Lee's Employee Lagoon Day. Howie got us all day passes along with a food ticket for dinner. Sara Lee does this every year and then after everyone has eaten they give away AWESOME prizes to EVERY employee! The prizes are at least a $75 value per employee so, that's pretty generous considering they have a ton of people working there. We won a HD Digital Camcorder. It's pretty shnazzy. It does video as well as takes 8mp pictures. Not too bad! After the prize drawings we just went and rode some more rides. We had to swing by the Wicked and Bumper Cars before leaving. I also have to ride on one of the haunted house rides so we went on Dracula's Castle. It was a fun day. I took the day off of work just to go.

Saturday we had a few things going on. In the early afternoon we had the Curtis Family Reunion. This is my Mom's side of the family. We met up with everyone for some yummy food and fun. Most of the grandkids just played games and the adults checked out some of the photo albums that people brought. They also played a recording of some of our ancestors talking. It was interesting to hear.

Later that night we went to my brother's and sister-in-law's for their Kearns Days Celebration. They call it Fire 'n Ice. Everyone had to bring a side dish and Jason provided the meat. He made up some super yummy ribs! Then we had hamburgers and hot dogs, too. I found a new recipe online for a delicious Orange Cream Fruit Salad. I mixed it up in hardly no time at all and it was a huge hit! The bowl was completely empty when I went to take it home! That's what I want to see! It was a lot of fun talking to people and just hanging out. Around 9:45pm the fireworks started and they were glorious! We can see them from my brother's backyard really well. My BFF, Genelle, and her husband, Steve, were able to make it out for the fireworks show. I was so glad they were able to come! Fireworks are always more fun with friends.

Then today we had the Van Cott Family Reunion. My Dad's cousin, Evelyn, was in town from California so we decided to get the family together. We hadn't seen her in a long time so it was nice to visit with her and look through old family pictures. My Dad's side of the family is much smaller than my Mom's so we didn't need a huge park to get everyone together. We just gathered at my parents house. My Aunt Patty's family came out and all of her kids. It was a great way to end the weekend. That's all for now! Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, but it was just one of those things. Thanks for reading!

No comments: