8.23.2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication

I was so excited to attend the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today. And although it turned out that I had to attend it alone, it was still a neat experience. What a wonderful group of men we have leading our church today. I admire and love them so much. The story President Monson told about the family in Tonga really touched me. We are so blessed to have so many temples conveniently located. I consider myself lucky that I don't have to travel via bus or plane to attend a temple. I also liked the story Sister Allred told about the family in Argentina. She spoke of a couple that traveled a few days to attend their nearest temple and be sealed to their kids and on their way home they lost both of their children. They couldn't make the journey home. But the couple felt peace in knowing that they would be with their children again someday and that all they would have to do on their end is keep the temple covenants that they have made. I enjoyed listening to all of the speakers during the dedication service. I am so excited to have another temple to attend right here in the Salt Lake Valley.

No comments: