7.21.2009

Howie's 27th Birthday!

On Monday we celebrated Howie's 27th birthday! It's kind of fun having our birthdays so close together. I'm 13 days older than him! Howie had to work at midnight on his birthday so we really couldn't go out and do anything. We had to have the party at home. Which is good. I planned on cooking him a nice dinner and giving him his presents. The dinner, unfortunately, didn't turn out as I had hoped. This was my first attempt at making au gratin potatoes and I missed one silly little step that made the whole thing not AS good. I didn't put any milk in the cream of mushroom soup. Duh! What was I thinking? Then I attempted italian bread crumb chicken but I didn't excel at that either. I was disappointed. But, Howie loved it and that's all that matters to me. Here's our lovely meal. Howie anxiously awaiting his gifts! Why he's wearing a blanket when it's 100ยบ outside is beyond me. Ta da! I got Howie a box-set of all 5 of the Harry Potter movies! He wanted all of them so I decided to get him a fancy set. It's so cool! Check out what comes in it. It has all 5 movies, an interactive DVD game, trading cards, a set of bookmarks AND a bonus DVD with extras. And it's all bundled into a box that looks like Harry Potter's trunk. Can you say awesome? Yes, awesome.Here is an upclose shot of the bookmarks. We'll never have a shortage of bookmarks again!Howie opening up his gift card to Game Stop. His boy-heaven store. Howie says he had a good birthday so I'm glad. :) He was pretty tired after all his excitement that he just went back to bed. He was tired and I think he's coming down with something. Happy Birthday sweetie!

No comments: