7.28.2009

Self-Restraint

Why must it be so hard? Why are they so irresistable? It's like the harder I try to stay away from them, the more I eat. It's like my mind tells my body it's deprived of sugar and it makes me crave it even more! Sometimes I eat it without even thinking twice. Sometimes I think twice and still eat it. It's a vicious cycle. How do people do it? I think I know how smokers feel! Is there some kind of Sugar-Eaters Anonymous Meeting I can attend? Alright, Tara. Time to shape-up. I will make a goal for myself to go to the gym at least twice a week. This is a huge jump for me. I'm usually lucky to make it in twice a month. Even if I just go in and run on the treadmill for 10 minutes. I don't care. I need to get myself into the habit of GOING. Once i'm there, it will be easier for me to STAY there. Anyone else out there have a membership to 24 Hour Fitness? I need a gym-motivator-buddy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i hear you woman. i am a sugar addict. *cry*

Tyler and Julia said...

I would definitely be your gym buddy if we lived closer & if we could afford it right now. :( I know what you mean about willpower. Why do I always have to go down the junk food isle at the grocery store? Why does my pantry always have to be well-stocked w/ flour, sugar, chocolate chips & brownie mixes? Why can't I just leave them all alone? I'm sure you're doing better than you think, Tara!