7.27.2009

The Ugly Truth


My best friend, Genelle, and I usually don't go to see rated R movies. She has a pretty strong stance on them. I try not to watch them if I can help it. However, we felt this movie looked so good it was worth lowering our standards for a night and going to see it. It was...ok. It wasn't the funniest movie I've seen but it did have some good scenes that made me laugh. The humor was crude, which is to be expected from a rated R movie. I was glad there wasn't an excessive amount of poor language. I hate it when they do that. It's so unnecessary. But, I like Katherine Heigl. I've liked her ever since I saw her in 27 Dresses. She reminds me of a blonde Ashley Judd. Gerard Butler played a good jerk. He was a real class-A jerk in this movie. But, of course in the end he redeems himself. But you get that from the previews, right? Haha, I'm not trying to spoil anything! That's why I haven't written a review about Harry Potter yet! :) We went to see that on July 17th and I have yet to write a review. Maybe i'll post one soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I honestly did not realize until tonight (when my step-sisters sunday school teacher said something about its rating on her FB lol) that it was rated R. I seriously HATE when they add in crudeness that is just unnecessary.

your transformers review also reminded me of that. It's totally sad that from what I've heard they made it totally inappropriate for a little buy. I know the first one was pg-13 too but there were only a couple mostly mild scenes you might want to skip. too bad. :(